Below is the fictional timeline of major events in the DC Extended Universe.
Event featured in/referred to in:
- - Man of Steel (2013)
- - Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (2016)
- - Suicide Squad (2016)
- - Wonder Woman (2017)
- - Justice League (2017)
- - Aquaman (2018)
c. 13,000,000,000 B.C.
c. 8,700,000,000 B.C.
c. 7,000,000,000 B.C.
c. 4,600,000,000 B.C.
c. 4,540,000,000 B.C.
c. 3,800,000,000 B.C.
c. 198,000 B.C.
c. 98,000 B.C.
- Kryptonians become the dominant civilized species on Krypton. The Kryptonians begin interstellar expansion by colonizing other planets.
c. 28,000 B.C.
- Steppenwolf and his army of Parademons invade Earth but are stopped by the collective might of Earth's forces, along with the assistance of the Olympian Gods and Yalan Gur. Mankind, the Atlanteans, and the Amazons take one Mother Box each for safe-keeping.
- A Kryptonian vessel, Scout Ship 0344, crash lands on the planet Earth and is left behind by Kara Zor-El.
c. 3000 B.C.
- The War of the Gods breaks out, with Ares slaying all other Olympian Gods.
- Diana of Themyscira is born to King of the Olympian Gods Zeus and Queen of the Amazons Hippolyta.
- The Warning Fire of the Amazons is lit for the last time in 5000 years. Men would come to forget its meaning, but Hippolyta's daughter, Diana, would always know what it signified.
- Alexander the Great slices the Gordian Knot with a sword-stroke.
Early Modern Era
- Cassidys Pub is established.
- Steve Trevor steals Doctor Poison's notebook, which contains her gaseous toxicology weapon research.
- The German army pursues Steve Trevor to Themyscira, where the Amazons' battle against them breaks out. Antiope sacrifice herself to save Diana.
- Diana and Steve Trevor leave Themyscira to London.
- Steve Trevor hands over Doctor Poison's notebook to his superiors and sets up his own team in order to prevent Erich Ludendorff's scheme.
- Diana and the Wonder Men have their photograph taken after a battle in Belgium.
- Wonder Woman kills Erich Ludendorff and defeats Ares.
- A project consisting of an underground tunnel system running from Gotham City to Metropolis is left unfinished and promptly abandoned.
- World War II begins.
- World War II ends.
- Charles Wayne dies.
- Benjamin Wayne dies.
- Bruce Wayne is born.
- Patrick A. Wayne died.
- At age 7, Bruce Wayne begins practicing what Alfred would label as "the art of deception".
- Laura Wayne dies.
- Kal-El is born to Jor-El and Lara Lor-Van.
- General Zod attempts a coup d'état in Kandor on planet Krypton.
- Jor-El is killed by General Zod.
- The infant Kal-El is successfully sent to earth using a spaceship with a Phantom Drive. 
- The Kryptonian Law Council sentence the remaining members of the Sword of Rao to the Phantom Zone, for 300 cycles of somatic reconditioning.
- Krypton implodes, killing the Kryptonian race. Kryptonians are now an endangered species
- General Zod and the Sword of Rao are released from the Phantom Zone after Krypton implodes. The Black Zero is retrofitted to enable Zod to traverse the cosmos.
- Jonathan and Martha Kent discover a crashed UFO on their farm containing a small boy who they take in and name Clark.
- Thomas and Martha Wayne are killed by a mugger leaving their son Bruce orphaned and under the care of Alfred Pennyworth.
- S.T.A.R. Labs discover and begin to test on one of the three Mother Boxes left after Steppenwolf invaded.
- Clark Kent's superpowers emerge.
- Bruce Wayne, now 18 years old, moves out of Wayne Manor, and into The Glasshouse with Alfred Pennyworth.
- Clark saves his classmates from a crashed school bus.
- Jonathan shows Clark the crashed infant starship and reveals to him that he is an alien.
- Bruce Wayne becomes Batman.
- A tornado devastates Smallville, killing Jonathan Kent.
- The Sword of Alexander is sold on the black market.
- The Flying Graysons die in an acrobatic act and Bruce Wayne adopts their son, Dick Grayson.
- A.R.G.U.S. begins monitoring Aquaman.
- Luthor Sr. leaves his son, Alexander Luthor Jr.
- Alexander Luthor Jr. becomes CEO of Lexcorp following his father leaving him.
- Harley Quinn is arrested for assaulting a police officer. She is given a sentence of 2 months.
- Harley is arrested for breaking and entering. She is given a sentence of 1 year and 2 months, but breaks out soon after.
- Harley is arrested for kidnapping, with a 3-year sentence.
- Christopher Weiss was first arrested in 2011 having moved from Alabama to Keystone City to pursue his criminal ambitions.
- Harley is arrested for grand theft auto, with a sentence of 4 years and 6 months, but breaks out within 2 years.
- Batman receives information about the killer Floyd Lawton from Amanda Waller and captures him in front of his daughter while they were shopping for Christmas.
- Battle of Metropolis: General Zod arrives on Earth and attempts to terraform Earth into a new Krypton, but is stopped by Superman.
- Bruce Wayne watches the destruction of Metropolis as mankind is introduced to the Superman.
- Zoe Lawton sends one of many letters to her father in prison, but it, along with all the others, is stashed away on arrival, and he never receives it.
- Monster T is killed by the Joker.
- Batman pursues Joker and Harley Quinn in the streets of Gotham City. The Joker escapes leaving Harley Quinn by her own, leading to her capture.
- Barry Allen renews his drivers license.
- Superman is asked questions by kids on what it's like being a superhero.
- A little over 18 months after the Battle of Metropolis, Kryptonite is found in the depths of the Indian Ocean, within the wreckage of the World Engine.
- Bruce Wayne discusses the White Portuguese with Alfred Pennyworth, and its contents, a rock which can weaken Superman, discovered in the Indian Ocean a little over 3 months ago, that he intends to use to kill Superman.
- Using the LexCorp files, Batman and Wonder Woman discover the existence of metahumans, specifically Aquaman, Cyborg and the Flash.
- Superman is forced to battle Batman and loses. He is spared by Batman after gaining knowledge of Lex Luthor's sinister plan.
- Batman saves Martha Kent and lets Anatoli Knyazev die.
- Lex Luthor creates Doomsday.
- Superman is honored by Metropolis in Heroes' Park with the statement, "If you seek his monument, look around you."
16th or Later
- Harley Quinn is arrested for armed robbery, with a sentence of 6 years and 1 month.
- Files are updated and printed on criminals Amanda Waller is interested in using for Task Force X.
15th or Later
- Waller attends a meeting to propose the concept of Task Force X.
- Enchantress releases her brother Incubus to possess the body of Gerard Davis.
- Midway City is besieged by the Enchantress and her brother Incubus.
- Task Force X kill Enchantress and Incubus.
- Chato Santana, Christopher Weiss and Lieutenant Edwards lose their lives in the battle.
9th or Later
- Bruce Wayne tracks down the original copy of Diana Prince's photograph from World War I.
- Wayne Enterprises delivers Diana's photograph to her at the Louvre. She is touched by receiving the image, and reminisces on her time with Steve Trevor, and fighting in the war.
- Sensing humanity’s fear, Steppenwolf and his Parademons return to Earth in search of the Mother Boxes.
- Bruce Wayne contacts Diana Prince to help him assemble a team consisting of Arthur Curry, Barry Allen and Victor Stone called the Justice League.
- The Justice League resurrect Superman in Scout Ship 0344 by using the earth Mother Box.
- The Justice League are the heroes that save the world everyday, and along Alfred and Wonder Woman, Batman plans to rebuild the Wayne Manor as the HQ of the team.
- ↑ 1.00 1.01 1.02 1.03 1.04 1.05 1.06 1.07 1.08 1.09 1.10 1.11 1.12 1.13 1.14 1.15 1.16 1.17 Man of Steel
- ↑ In 2017, it is estimated that the Earth is 4.54 billion years old. 4.54 billion years before 2017 is 4,539,997,984 B.C., or c. 4,540,000,000 B.C. to 3 significant figures of approximation.
- ↑ In 2017, it is estimated that the first life on Earth appeared 3.8 billion years ago. 3.8 billion years before 2017 is 3,799,997,984 B.C., or c. 3,800,000,000 B.C. to 3 significant figures of approximation.
- ↑ In 2017, it is estimated that the first "humans" came from evolution around 200,000 years ago. 200,000 years before 2017 is 197,984 B.C., or c. 198,000 B.C. to 3 significant figures of approximation.
- ↑ In Man of Steel, Jor-El says that the Kryptonian interplanetary travel lasted for "100,000 years" before their planet was destroyed, dated to 1980. 100,000 years before 1980 is 98,022 B.C., or c. 98,000 B.C. to 3 significant figures of approximation.
- ↑ It has been reported that the Atlantean, Amazon, and human forces fighting Darkseid was "around 30,000 years ago". With Justice League set in 2016, 30,000 years before 2016 is 27,985 B.C., or c. 28,000 B.C. to 3 significant figures of approximation.
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 7.2 Man of Steel Prequel
- ↑ In Suicide Squad, in a scene set in June 2016, it is shown that Enchantress' age is "6373". This means she was born between mid-4359 B.C. and mid-4358 B.C.
- ↑ 9.0 9.1 9.2 9.3 9.4 9.5 9.6 Wonder Woman
- ↑ In Justice League, it is said that "the Fire has not burned for 5000 years". With Justice League set in 2016, 5000 years before 2016 is 2985 B.C., or c. 3000 B.C. to 2 significant figures of approximation.
- ↑ 11.0 11.1 11.2 11.3 11.4 11.5 This is an event from real world history, referenced in the DC Extended Universe.
- ↑ 12.0 12.1 Wallace, Daniel (February 16, 2016). Time Out Shortlist Gotham and Metropolis (Gotham City). United States: Time Out. p. 8.
- ↑ Wallace, Daniel (February 16, 2016). Time Out Shortlist Gotham and Metropolis (Gotham City). United States: Time Out. p. 45.
- ↑ 14.0 14.1 14.2 14.3 14.4 14.5 Suicide Squad
- ↑ 15.0 15.1 15.2 15.3 15.4 15.5 15.6 15.7 15.8 15.9 Empire magazine revealed a photograph of Bruce Wayne in his family crypts. This contains dates of birth and death for Wayne family members.
- ↑ Wallace, Daniel (February 16, 2016). Time Out Shortlist Gotham and Metropolis (Metropolis). United States: Time Out. p. 33.
- ↑ 17.00 17.01 17.02 17.03 17.04 17.05 17.06 17.07 17.08 17.09 17.10 Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice
- ↑ Wolfman, Marv (2016). Suicide Squad: The Official Movie Novelization. Titan Books.
- ↑ Wallace, Daniel (February 16, 2016). Time Out Shortlist Gotham and Metropolis (Gotham City). United States: Time Out. p. 52.
- ↑ 20.0 20.1 20.2 20.3 20.4 20.5 Justice League
- ↑ 21.0 21.1 21.2 21.3 21.4 21.5 21.6 21.7 21.8 Suicide Squad
- ↑ 22.0 22.1 22.2 22.3 22.4 22.5 22.6 A.R.G.U.S. website
- ↑ 23.0 23.1 23.2 Fortune - Lex Luthor: Not Just His Father's LexCorp
- ↑ 24.0 24.1 24.2 24.3 24.4 24.5 24.6 24.7 In Man of Steel, in scenes set in December 2013, Kal-El says he has been on Earth "for 33 years", suggesting he arrived in 1980. Kal is typically found on June 18th, suggesting he landed on June 18, 1980. This matches the fact that Superman's date of birth is typically February 29th, a date which only occurs every 4 years, and occurred in 1980. Therefore, Kal was born on February 29, 1980, and landed on June 18, 1980, then December 2013 is 33 years later. This is supported when Zod says that they prepared "for 33 years".
- ↑ In Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, it is shown that Thomas and Martha Wayne were killed in "1981", around the time that Excalibur was in theatres from April 10, 1981. The Waynes are typically killed on June 26th, so their date of death is June 26, 1981.
- ↑ In Fortune - Lex Luthor: Not Just His Father's LexCorp, from October 2015, and set not long before Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice in 2015, it is said that Luthor is "31". This would mean he was born in 1983 or 1984.
- ↑ Barry Allen was born on September 30, 1992.
- ↑ In Justice League, it is said that Nora Allen was killed when Barry was 9. With Barry's date of birth reported as September 30, 1992, this means she was killed between September 30, 2001 and September 29, 2002.
- ↑ File:LexCorp promo - Batman file.png
- ↑ Warner Bros. Plotting 'Nightwing' Movie With 'Lego Batman Movie' Director (Exclusive) - The Hollywood Reporter
- ↑ 31.0 31.1 Suicide Squad and the A.R.G.U.S. website show that Harley Quinn was born in July 1990. Suicide Squad also shows that she was already with the Joker when Robin died. Zack Snyder stated, "In my mind, it was that Robin had died about 10 years earlier in some run-in with a young Joker". If Robin died 10 years before Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, which is in November 2015, that would place it around late 2005, when Harley was 15, and therefore put those scenes with Harley and Joker when she is 15 or younger. However, the absolute youngest Harley could be in those scenes is around 20, 18-19 at a real push. The Suicide Squad: Behind the Scenes with the Worst Heroes Ever book shows a rap sheet for Harley which gives her first crime as being committed on June 30, 2009 - a relatively smaller crime of assaulting a police officer. This has to be taken to be after she has met the Joker, meaning her time with the Joker has to have started in 2009, when Harley was 18. It absolutely cannot be any earlier. As her rap sheet details how her crimes escalated, in 2009 she goes no further than breaking and entering. However, in February 2010, she is convicted of kidnapping. By then, it can be taken that Harley has reached the point where she would have been an accomplice to Robin's death - perhaps with the kidnapping charge being to do with her part in the murder. So, the earliest Robin's death can really be is February 2010. This is placed as early as possible to as best as possible meet Snyder's comment, but it cannot be more than 5½ years to still fit with Suicide Squad.
- ↑ 32.0 32.1 32.2 32.3 32.4 Suicide Squad: Behind the Scenes with the Worst Heroes Ever
- ↑ 33.00 33.01 33.02 33.03 33.04 33.05 33.06 33.07 33.08 33.09 33.10 33.11 33.12 33.13 33.14 33.15 33.16 33.17 Man of Steel spans some time from beginning to end. During the scenes in the Arctic, Lois' camera says "11/28/2013". The Battle of Metropolis then occurs a little after this, and then Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice shows that "18 months later", Kryptonite is found. Later in the film, Bruce says, during the main events, "The first sample [of Kryptonite] big enough to mean something turned up in the Indian Ocean 3 months ago." This therefore takes the film to approximately fall 2015. In the film, it is shown that Lex Luthor's party will be on "November 1st", suggesting it is November 1, 2015. This matches the fact that Superman flies off that evening to save someone during Día de Muertos celebrations, which would have started on the night of November 1-2, 2015. Later, it is shown on Diana's computer that it is "11:29pm" on "November 12th". This matches as November 12, 2015. This would suggest that the Kryptonite was found in August 2015, and then the Battle of Metropolis was in February 2014. However, Bruce, Lex, and a TV report all refer, during the main events of the film, to the Battle of Metropolis being "2 years" ago. This would suggest it was in 2013, and there does not seem to be 3 months between the Arctic scenes and the Battle of Metropolis in Man of Steel. It can be taken that the Battle of Metropolis was in late December 2013, a month after the Arctic, and 2 years before Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice in November 2015. The Kryptonite was then found a little over 18 months later, around July 2015, and then a little over 3 months later is the main events of Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, in November 2015. This also matches with it being several months before the events of Suicide Squad, as is implied in that film - which dates itself to June-August 2016.
- ↑ 34.0 34.1 In Suicide Squad, set in June-August 2016, it is shown that Floyd Lawton was arrested one recent Christmas-time. It is also shown that Zoe, Floyd's daughter, wrote one of many letters to him in his imprisonment on "07 SEPT 2014". This means the latest December Floyd can have been arrested in is December 2013. It cannot realistically be any earlier than this, due to Zoe looking the same as she does in 2016, and it being implied to be recent.
- ↑ 35.0 35.1 35.2 35.3 35.4 35.5 In Suicide Squad, all of Waller's files in the opening scene bear the date "Jun 15, 2016". It can be taken that this is when Waller is meeting to propose Task Force X, it is June 15, 2016 or a little later. This fits with it being several months after Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, which is set in November 2015. There is then a small time gap, and the rest of the film picks up. When Enchantress breaks free, Waller's phone shows "Friday, Aug 5". August 5th was a Friday in 2016 - the same day the film was released. Later in the film, Rick Flag says Enchantress broke free "3 days ago", making it August 8, 2016.
- ↑ 36.0 36.1 The present day scenes of Wonder Woman take place between the events of Suicide Squad, dated to summer 2016, and Justice League, dated to winter 2016. The film is therefore placed approximately in fall 2016.
- ↑ 37.0 37.1 Justice League takes place  "months" after Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice. This is supported by the film appearing to not be too long after Superman's death, considering the public mourning and the nature of people's discussions about his passing. It occurs after Suicide Squad, as is clear from Superman's mourning (not yet returned) in the film, and the credits scene with Bruce Wayne picking up files on the metahumans he is looking for. Bruce mentions in the film that it is "winter", so it can be taken that the film is set approximately 13 months after Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, in late 2016.