Doctor Thomas Wayne was the father of Bruce Wayne. He was killed along with his wife Martha by a mugger at gun point, leaving Bruce an orphan and in the care of their faithful butler, Alfred Pennyworth.
Sometime before his death, Thomas would sit young Bruce down in Wayne Manor next to where their family crest was engraved, and told him how despite the manor itself being built on railways, real estates and oil, the first generation of Waynes had made their fortune as hunters, trading pelts and skins with the French.
After returning from the theater, the Wayne family is stopped by a mugger Joe Chill in an abandoned street. When the mugger draws a gun, Thomas tries to disarm him but is shot. The mugger also shoots Martha, leaving the young Bruce alone with his dead parents.
During his parents' funeral, a devastated Bruce runs into the woods around Wayne Manor and eventually breaks through a well, thus finding what would later become the Batcave.
Thomas was known to be a loving father and husband, and, like his son Bruce, was extremely brave and protective of his loved ones, since he notably tried to fight back against Joe Chill when the latter had his family at gunpoint, determined to protect his wife and son. Thomas was apparently proud of his hunter ancestors and Wayne family history, going out of his way to pass on that knowledge to his son. As an adult, Bruce worries about being unable to live up to his father, despite already be older than Thomas had ever been, so he uses this as extra justification for his argument that he needs to bring down and kill Superman.
- Martha Wayne † - wife
- Bruce Wayne - son
- Alan Wayne † - paternal relative
- Benjamin Wayne † - paternal relative
- Charles Wayne † - paternal relative
- Laura Wayne † - paternal relative
- Patrick A. Wayne † - paternal relative
- Alfred Pennyworth - friend and head of security
- Joe Chill - killer
Behind the Scenes
- Jeffrey Dean Morgan also portrayed Edward Morgan Blake, a vigilante known as the Comedian from another DC live action movie, Watchmen, which was also directed by Zack Snyder.
- Morgan and Lauren Cohan, who plays Martha, also play main characters on the Walking Dead, portraying Negan and Maggie respectively. Ironically, both of their characters hate eachother because Morgan's character kills Maggie's husband. Couple of years before, they played in TV series Supernatural.
- When at 2017 San Diego Comic Con, it was revealed that the solo film about Flash will adapt the "Flashpoint" storyline, rumors began about returning Jeffrey Dean Morgan in a role of Thomas Wayne as Flashpoint-Batman.
- Thomas Wayne at the DC Database
- Thomas Wayne at the Batman Wiki
- Thomas Wayne at the DC Movies Wiki
- Thomas Wayne at the DC Animated Universe.
|CEO of Wayne Enterprises|
Unknown - 1981