This article contains spoilers from the most recent DCEU film. You have been warned.
It is suggested that this article, or a section of this article, could benefit by being expanded upon.
Parademons are sentient species of genetically modified and enhanced beings that operate under the New Gods. They are a subservient race of aliens used by the overlord Darkseid, though they are actively imployed by his generals. Steppenwolf, Darkseid's herald, notably employed them during his attempted planetary invasion of Earth.
In a nightmarish vision of a possible alternate future shown to Batman as a warning from that future's Flash, Parademons invaded Earth, having seemingly allied themselves with the ruthless and tyrannical version of Superman and his Regime Stormtroopers. A number of Parademons began taking much of the last remaining Insurgency members away to a place unknown. One Parademon managed to knock out Batman, after the latter had successfully killed a stormtrooper.
Parademons are loyal soldiers to their masters, the New Gods. This is seen when Steppenwolf which commands an army of them in his attempted invasion, as well as during Bruce Wayne's vision of the Injustice War, in which they were loyal also to the tyrannical Superman.
Powers and Abilities
- Super Strength: Parademons have a degree of superhuman strength, as one of them was able to knock Batman unconscious with a single punch to the head, although it should be noted that Batman had already been hit numerous times by Regime Stormtroopers, since when prepared to battle them, Batman is able to take on Parademons with only moderate difficulty. They are also shown to be able to carry others, as many can be seen picking up and flying off with humans during Batman's vision.
- Flight: Parademons can fly at considerable speeds due to the pair of large wings on their back. They can also use their wings to hover in the air.
- Enhanced Speed: Parademons' speed while in flight allows them to quickly overtake a squad of Amazonian warriors on horseback.
- Enhanced Agility: Parademons, despite their bulky size and armor, are able to coordinate themselves to a high degree while airborne, as a squad of Parademons were able to swiftly pursue a band of Amazonian warriors while the latter was on horseback.
To be added
Parademons, despite their various enhancements by the Apokoliptians, are capable of being overpowered and killed by various weapons and individuals with superhuman abilities, such as the metahumans Aquaman (who swiftly slayed multiple Parademons at once with his trident), the scarlet speedster Flash (who effortlessly mowed down an entire squad at superspeed), and the Amazonian princess Wonder Woman. Batman, despite not being as powerful or imposing as the other teammates, used his extensive combat experience to engage with and swiftly dispose of multiple Parademons.
- High-powered Weapons: Parademons are vulnerable to energy-based weaponry, as seen whenCyborg first defended S.T.A.R. Labs' scientists from them with his plasma cannon, and later dispatched many of them in the ensuing fight between the Justice League and Steppenwolf. Parademons are also incapable of surviving against high-caliber weaponry, as seen when Batman used the Nightcrawler to defend Wonder Woman, killing the attacking Parademons in the process. It should be noted, however, that Batman had prior to this improved his vehicles and gadgets for facing Steppenwolf's forces, thus conventional firearms are unlikely to have an effect on Parademons.
- Apokoliptian Weaponry: At least several Parademons possess a type of firearm. Their rifles fire a form of red colored, plasma-like energy, bearing remarkable similarities to the function of Kryptonian Plasma Carbines. The weapon is lethal when fired upon vital spots or upon unprotected humans, though the Flash was able to survive an incapacitating round to the leg, and Batman had to make great effort to avoid the weapon's blasts.
- Parademon Armor: Parademons wear a metallic, chitinous body armor that protects them from conventional weapons, resulting in Batman needing to upgrade his Batmobile's arsenal and utilize high-powered explosives to cause damage. This armor, however, is not strong enough to protect against extremely powerful weapons like Wonder Woman's sword or Aquaman's trident, nor can it withstand great impacting forces, as the Flash was able to tear through a squad of Parademons at superspeed.
- Mother Boxes: To be added