Early life and Parents' death
Dick Grayson grew up in Haley's Circus, becoming a member of the Flying Graysons acrobatic act, along with his parents, John and Mary. In April 2002, however, both of his parents were killed mid-act in fall before a packed crowd, and the devastated 12-year-old Dick would be promptly adopted by Bruce Wayne.
Dick would eventually serve as the vigilante "Robin" alongside Batman during his time as a vigilante in Gotham City. However, after some years as he reached adulthood and outgrew the mantle, Dick went on to become the superhero "Nightwing", allowing Batman's second adoptive son, Jason Todd, to become Robin in his stead.
- Peak Human Condition: Nightwing, as a tremendously skilled and experienced acrobat and later vigilante, is in peak physical condition (almost on Batman's level) and from frequent intense workouts (in the Batcave, as Robin) and his numerous vigilante escapades, first as Robin, then as Nightwing, with his abilities being heightened to the peak of human potential.
- Peak Human Speed: Nightwing is superbly nimble and agile, having grown up in Haley's Circus and trained in acrobatics from birth, becoming a acrobat member of the Flying Graysons act (along with his parents) as the age of 12, and he later learning under Batman's tutelage to effectively utilize his natural agility in combat. Nightwing possesses peak human speed, able to keep up with and even catch his mentor.
- Peak Human Agility: Nightwing is superbly nimble and agile, having grown up in Haley's Circus and trained in acrobatics from birth, becoming a acrobat member of the Flying Graysons act (along with his parents) as the age of 12, and later learning under Batman's tutelage to effectively utilize his natural agility in combat.
- Expert Combatant: Nightwing was well trained in armed and hand-to-hand combat under Batman's guidance, which made him extremely skilled in martial arts, enough to serve Batman as his sidekick vigilante Robin (despite only being a teenager), and later continuing his career of a vigilante superhero under a new mantle, Nightwing.
- Stealth: Nightwing, like his mentor Batman, is an immensely formidable master of stealth and infiltration, capable of breaching high security facilities without being detected.
- Human Vulnerabilities: Nightwing's greatest weakness is that he is a human with no enhanced strength, speed, durability, or metahuman powers, therefore making him quite vulnerable to the physical attacks of stronger and more powerful opponents. Nightwing, however, usually compensates for this quite well with his highly durable fire- and bulletproof suits, tremendous combat skills, exceptional agility, and highly sophisticated technological gadgets.
- Robinsuit (Formerly): Nightwing's original highly durable protective suit and combat armor (inspired by the Batsuit), used to compensate for his lack of invulnerability. It is invulnerable to knives, small-caliber bullets, and is also fireproof. After he moved on from being Robin, the suit was later used by Jason Todd.
- Utility Belt (Formerly): Nightwing's specially designed belt (inspired by Batman's one), with its many pouches filled with an arsenal of numerous gadgets, weapons and tools at all times, to aid Robin in his mission. Later used by Jason Todd.