This article contains spoilers from the most recent DCEU film. You have been warned.
This article is about upcoming content and is subject to change.
You can help the DC Extended Universe Wiki by adding new information when it becomes available.
Mera was Queen Atlanna protégée after her parents die in a unknown war.
Mera is in Atlantis with a handful of soldiers protecting one of the Mother-Boxes which have been activated. Steppenwolf arrives via his Boom-tube attacking and killing some of the Atlantean Soldiers, as he swins towards the Mother-Box in the attempt to grab it, Mera creates shock waves which stun him for a short time. The New God quickly recovers and charge against Mera, throwing her with great force leaving her unconscious. Arthur arrives and engages Steppenwolf but is also overpowered by the New God superior strength. After failing to stop the Mother-Box from being taken, Mera approaches Arthur creating a bubble around them so they could talk. As Arthur shows concern over her, Mera replies with disdain, as she tells him that he is the son of Queen Atlanna and it is now Arthur's responsibility to follow and stop Steppenwolf. Before leaving Arthur asks Mera to give him the Atlantean Royal Armor and the Trident to help in his quest.
To be added
Powers and Abilities
- Atlantean Physiology: As an Atlantean, Mera is an extremely powerful being, being exposed to water.
- Hydrokinesis: Mera possesses the ability to manipulate water freely, notably generating a massive underwater whirlpool while battling Steppenwolf and later was able to create a bubble around her and Aquaman so they could speak.
- Super Strength: Mera has immense superhuman strength, on par with that of Aquaman, Nereus and Ocean Master.
- Super Durability: Mera is incredibly durable, as she is able to withstand immense underwater pressures, as well as being slammed into a concrete pillar by Steppenwolf.
- Aquatic Adaptation: Mera, due to her Atlantean heritage, can naturally breathe both underwater and on land.
- Super Speed: While underwater, Mera, like Aquaman, can swim at supersonic speeds.
- Super Senses: Mera, as an Atlantean, possesses enhanced senses that allow her to better navigate the underwater environment of the oceans.
- Enhanced Vision: Mera possesses enhanced vision, allowing her to see in the dark environment of the oceans. From her perspective, the oceans are brightly lit, as clear to her as if she were on land.
- Expert Swimmer: Mera, like all Atlanteans, is able to expertly coordinate herself while underwater.