Nairomian investigation and death
Jimmy traveled alongside Lois Lane to Nairomi, Africa, posing as a photographer aiding her reporting. While Lois was interviewing a leader, Anatoli Knyazev pulled apart his camera, finding a tracker. Realizing that the CIA had infiltrated their compound, they threatened to kill Jimmy and Lois. Jimmy, however, explained that Lois had no part in the ruse, and they had simply used her credentials as a cover. He was promptly executed by the Nairomian warlord Amajagh.
- In the extended version of the Nairomi Incident on the Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice Ultimate Edition cut, it's shown that the CIA was monitoring the interview with Amajagh. Upon Jimmy's death, an operative named Python reports that "Talon", Olsen's codename, was killed.
- In the DC Comics universe, Jimmy Olsen has most often been depicted as a young photojournalist working for the Daily Planet. He is often close friends with Lois Lane and Clark Kent.
- In DC Comics, "Talon" is the alias of William Cobb, a popular Batman villain who works as an assassin for the Court of Owls.
Behind the Scenes
- Before Michael Cassidy was casted Jimmy Olsen as Scoot McNairy and Jesse Eisenberg were in early talks for the role of Jimmy Olsen.
- ↑ Goyer, David S., Terrio, Chris (writers) & Snyder, Zack (director) (March 25, 2016). Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice.