This article is about upcoming content and is subject to change.
You can help the DC Extended Universe Wiki by adding new information when it becomes available.
James Gordon would rise through the ranks of the Gotham City Police Department, eventually leading it as its commissioner.
Alliance with Batman
Meeting the League
To be added
James Gordon is fiercely dedicated to his job as Gotham City Police Department Commissioner, rivaling Batman's determination to fight crime in Gotham City, helping the vigilante in his anti-crime crusade for many years.
While usually quite serious and practical, Gordon also has a somewhat dry sense of humor, remarking that it was good to see Batman "playing well with others again", upon meeting the Justice League's roster.
- Gifted intelligence: Commissioner James Gordon is exceptionally intelligent, particularly in the fields of leadership, tactics, criminology, and detective analysis, to the point that Batman and the company respect him, and rely of Gordon as their informant.
- Expert criminologist: Commissioner Gordon is an extremely skilled and experienced criminologist, having received an honorary criminology doctorate from the prestigious Gotham State University, with his great experience and insight into Gotham City's criminals complementing that of Batman.
- Expert detective: Commissioner Gordon, due to his decades of fighting against crime in Gotham City, is an extremely skilled and experienced detective, even complementing detective genius Batman's skills.
- Expert leader: James Gordon, as the Commissioned of the Gotham City Police Department, is a superbly skilled leader, having lead the corrupt police force in the extremely crime-ridden Gotham City for decades.
- Expert combatant: Commissioner Gordon, having served in the US Armed Forces, is a highly skilled armed and hand-to-hand combatant, though not quite on par with Batman.
- Indomitable willpower: Commissioner Gordon, although he has no metahuman powers, has tremendous determination and strength of will, which make him an extremely formidable opponent, one who absolutely refuses to hunker down and give up, even when placed against seemingly insurmountable odds. Hence, he has lead the corrupt Gotham City Police Department in the extremely crime-ridden Gotham City for decades, earning the respect and admiration of his covert ally Batman.
- Human vulnerabilities: Commissioner Gordon's greatest weakness is that he is a human with no enhanced strength, speed, durability, or metahuman powers, therefore making him quite vulnerable to the physical attacks of stronger and more powerful opponents. Gordon, however, usually compensates for this quite well with his exceptional combat, tactical, and marksmanship skills, able to survive in the dangerous crime-ridden Gotham City for decades while actively helping Batman fight against criminals and supervillains.
As the commissioner of the Gotham City Police Department, James Gordon has access to all of the weaponry the department is equipped with.
- Fourth live-action portrayal of the character, following Pat Hingle, Gary Oldman, and Ben McKenzie, respectively.
- Second live-action portrayal of the character on the silver screen.
Behind the scenes
- Breaking Bad actor Bryan Cranston was heavily rumored for the role before Simmons was cast.
- Due to promotional photos displaying Simmons' muscular physique at the time of the Justice League filming, fans adoringly dubbed him "Gym Gordon."