Hestia was the Olympian Goddess of Truth and Hearth, as well as a sister of Zeus, worshiped by the Ancient Greeks and Romans (though the latter civilization would give her the name Vesta). She would ultimately, however, be slain by her nephew Ares in the War of the Gods, while attempting to help protect humanity from him.
At some point in her life, Hestia presumably created and wielded the Lasso of Hestia.
Hestia despised her nephew Ares for his extremist views and hatred of humanity, and therefore helped Zeus protect humanity from the God of War. Ares, however, violently rebelled, starting the War of the Gods on Olympus, which resulted in him facing and ultimately slaying Hestia in battle, along with all other Olympian Gods.
Hestia, according to Ares, like the other Olympian Gods, didn't share the latter's insight into humanity's darker traits, and she therefore attempted to protect them from Ares during the War of the Gods.
Powers and Abilities
- Olympian God Physiology: As an Olympian Goddess, Hestia is a phenomenally powerful divine being, though not on par with her brothers Zeus,
- Immortality: Hestia, due to her being an Olympian Goddess, has lived for millennia without visibly aging, with her far predating the creation of humanity and the Amazons by her brother Zeus.
- Super Strength: Hestia has an immense level of physical strength.
- Invulnerability: Hestia, as an Olympian Goddess, is immune to death by normal superficial means. However, she can be slain by other gods, given as how Ares was able to kill her in the War of the Gods.
- Omnilingualism: Hestia, as an Olympian Goddess, has the ability to fluently speak, read, and understand all human languages, even currently dead ones.
To be added
- Lasso of Hestia (formerly): Hestia's specialized completely unbreakable magical weapon, with the ability to force anyone it captures to obey the lasso's wielder and tell the truth. Millennia following the War of the Gods, the lasso would somehow eventually be obtained and wielded by the Amazon Wonder Woman.