- "We're bad guys, it's what we do!"
- ―Harley Quinn[src]
Doctor Harleen Frances Quinzel is a former psychiatrist employed at Arkham Asylum and a known associate of the Joker, operating under the alias Harley Quinn. After assisting in the Joker's escape from Arkham, Harleen was submerged in a silo of chemicals at Ace Chemicals, re-emerging as the Joker's right hand woman. Over the years, Harley has become a nemesis of Batman, growing to become known as the queen of Gotham City alongside the Joker, notably assisting in the murder of Robin.
Quinn was later imprisoned in Belle Reve after her arrest by Batman and recruited into Task Force X, a covert operations team led by Amanda Waller, where she was forced to work with other dangerous criminals to complete missions for the government in exchange for time off her sentence. On her first assignment, she and the team brought down Enchantress in Midway City, earning her ten years off of her multiple life sentences, but was later rescued by the Joker during a prison break.
This section needs a rewrite
Harleen Frances Quinzel was born on July 20, 1990. She graduated high school and pursued a college degree in psychology.
Falling for the Joker
Following her graduation, Quinzel's theoretical thesis made a huge success that it led to her transfer into the job as a psychiatrist at Arkham Asylum. When the Joker was imprisoned there by the Batman, she took a particular interest in him, regularly visiting and speaking with him. As their sessions went on, Quinzel was gradually manipulated by the psychopath, eventually falling in love with him, and the Joker got her to smuggle a machine gun into the sanitarium, leading to his escape. Before leaving however, the Joker subjected Quinzel to shock therapy, greatly affecting her mental state even further.
Quinzel later chased the Joker down and managed to get him to stop his car. She nearly killed him with a gun, even shooting a man who approached them. The Joker took the gun and taunted her. Quinzel wanted to come with him, so he took her to Ace Chemicals. While there, she was told to pledge an oath and was asked if she would die for him. She responded in the affirmative, and allowed herself to fall into the vat of chemicals that created the Joker years ago. The Joker considered leaving her to die, but promptly changed his mind and jumped in after her, pulling her up to the vat's surface. He then kissed her, and Quinzel awakened with the same frontotemporal dementia that her lover received via exposure to the chemicals and oxygen deprivation. She gazed at the Joker as he bursted into maniacal laughter.
From that point on, the Joker dubbed her "Harley Quinn" (giving her a red-and-black Harlequin costume), and the duo of psychopathic lovers would go on a number of crime sprees in Gotham City together, which would often result in them coming into conflict with Batman, becoming (as Amanda Waller would later claim) the 'King and Queen' of Gotham City's criminal underworld.
The Joker, with Harley's help, managed to kill Batman's partner, Robin. To add insult to injury to Batman's loss, in hopes of crippling and driving their mutual adversary insane, the Joker vandalized the Robin suit, spray-painting "HAHAHA JOKE'S ON YOU BATMAN" in yellow. A devastated Batman would later place the damaged suit in an exhibit in the Batcave.
Captured by the Batman
On October 13, 2014, Monster T, a fellow crime boss alley, visited a strip club owned by the the Joker, greeted by the Joker himself. After exchanging stiff pleasantries, the Joker demanded Quinn to come over after noticing Monster T's lustful attraction towards her pole-dancing, calling her a "bad bitch" and greatly angering the Joker. The Joker watched on as Quinn teased Monster T, tempting him to have her to himself. Monster T, having become aware of the Joker's sarcasm, attempted to assure him that Harley is his girl, and that he wanted "no beef". The Joker, however, promptly shot Monster T in the head.
Afterward, the psychopathic duo drived down a Gotham City street in their Jokermobile, laughing maniacally. However, Batman pursued them in the Batmobile, and after putting his car on auto-pilot, leapt onto the Jokermobile's roof. Quinn, annoyed that Batman was ruining "date night", began to shoot the roof of the vehicle, though due to Batman's bulletproof suit, this proved ineffective. The Joker, attempting to shake Batman off, made a sharp turn that sent his car flying off the road and into the river, forcing Batman to grapple away. Batman then promptly put on a breather and dived into the river, finding the wrecked car and Quinn, but no Joker. Batman then reached towards her, who awakened and tried to stab him, but is knocked out and carried out of the river.
Laying her on the hood of the Batmobile, Batman checked for a pulse, but does not find one. With extreme reluctance, Batman proceeds to perform mouth-to-mouth resuscitation to try and revive her. A pleased Harley recovered and began to kiss him. Her advances are rejected and she is taken by him into captivity.
Saving The World
Incarceration in Bell Reve
ARGUS Director Amanda Waller had Quinn transferred to Belle Reve supermax. After putting several guards into the hospital, Quinn was eventually given her own special cell to keep her locked up and to keep the guards safe. The psychotic woman was put inside a small barbwire-powered electric cage to keep her in check. Quinn was given barely any comforts or clothing; she used the sheets supplied for her gymnastic routines.
The sadistic guard, Griggs, usually force-fed and tortured Quinn, earning her anger over the prolonged months.
Meeting Amanda Waller
Months after Quinn was apprehended, Amanda Waller gathered other skilled individuals and metahumans for Project Suicide Squad. Upon her visit to Belle Reve to examine the future team, she visited Quinn outside her cage while the latter was meditating. Quinn was hypnotized by the government agents' presence and asked Waller if she was the Devil, to which Waller proclaimed that she was maybe so.
Deployment in Midway City
- "Hi boys! Harley Quinn. Nice to meet ya"
- ―Harley Quinn[src]
With the attack in Midway City, Michigan, orchestrated by the mystical duo Enchantress and Incubus, Harley, along with the other members of Suicide Squad (such as Deadshot, Captain Boomerang, El Diablo, and Killer Croc), are implanted with explosive nanotechnology provided by Dr. Van Criss. While being wheeled out to their transport, Griggs hands Harley a phone, telling her it was from Mr. J to get in contact with her. Harley then tells Griggs that he's "so screwed" and laughs maniacally as she's wheeled off into a chopper.
Harley and the rest of the members arrive at an evacuation point outside the city, where they are joined by Slipknot. They are given instructions by Waller via an electronic tablet that they are under the direct command of her second-in-command Rick Flag and extracting a highly valued asset known as "VHT1" from the besieged city and will receive 10 years off of their life sentences as a reward. Flag warns them if they annoy him or try to escape he will kill them by using his touchpad to detonate their implanted nanobots --blowing their heads off. Harley and the others receive their old costumes and weapons before departing by helicopter carrying the military Squad A to the extraction point. Before take-off, they are joined by Flag's personal bodyguard Katana, whom Harley takes a liking toward, despite the latter's hostility.
While mid-flight en route to their destination, Harley looks at a new text from the Joker saying that he's coming to get her. Deadshot peers over to see, so she signals him to be quiet about it and he decides to comply. After their helicopter is shot down, the squad is forced to travel the rest of the way on foot, splitting up with Squad B, who are able to land their helicopter safely. After witnessing, Slipknot's explosive get activated, Harley and Deadshot bond and plot with the others against Flag to turn the odds in their favor the first chance they get.
Soon after, the group encounters creatures in the Enchantress' employment known as the Eyes of the Adversary. When Flag approaches them, the creatures become hostile and attack. The squad is initially overwhelmed as the Eyes capture Flag, much to Harley's delight. Deadshot, however, reminds her what Waller had said about the Squad members being as good as dead if the colonel is injured or killed, so she changes her mind and aids Flag with getting the monsters off of him. She continued to beat up the already-dead Eyes, claiming to have seen it flinching, but Deadshot stops her and they all move on to the task at hand. Flag contacts Waller when all contact with Squad B fails, and learns the other squadron was engaged with another group of Eyes at the same time, but have all been taken prisoner and brought to the Enchantress herself.
Retrieving HVT1About halfway to the building where HVT1 is located, Harley stops to smash the window of a Paris ReadyWear department store and steal a small purse which matches her harlequin aesthetic. Flag is startled and growls at her, but she responds by mocking her status of a "bad guy" and that it's expected of her.
As the other squad members plan to infiltrate the John F. Ostrander Federal Building, Harley is distracted by a discarded motorcycle and experiences a flashback to the night she pursued Joker, before Deadshot snaps her out of it. Harley then begins to psychologically analyze the squad members due to her boredom. When Deadshot confronts her, Harley implies that she's aware of his deal with Rick Flag and voices her displeasure.
As the Squad enters the John F. Ostrander Federal Building, Harley quickly makes her way to the elevator, much to the annoyance of the other squad members. Harley receives another message from the Joker, telling her to be ready. Harley is then attacked by two of Enchantress's minions, whom Harley disposes of with her revolver and baseball bat.
As the squad proceeds further, they are alerted to movement in their area. Harley then proceeds to tease Deadshot for the use of his mask. Harley and the squad are then attacked by another wave of Eyes of the Adversary. As the battle goes on, the team notices Flag being taken once again. The squad huddles around Flag to protect him until the the minions are seemingly cleared. As the squad makes their way to the stairway, they are attacked by another wave. After El Diablo swiftly clears the opposition, Harley hugs him and gives him a kiss on the cheek, telling him she knew he'd come through for them.
The Squad makes their way up the building, resulting in Harley becoming winded. As she stops to catch her breath, the familiarity of the environment causes her to flashback to the night at Ace Chemicals when the Joker had her bleach her skin for him. As Harley snaps out of her flashback, she quickly points her gun at Deadshot. Still recovering from her flashback, she asks Deadshot if he had ever been in love. After Deadshot tells her that something like love would keep him from performing his job, Harley only smiles and calls him "another textbook sociopath."
Once Harley and the squad make it to their destination, Flag orders them to stay behind so they don't scare their target. HVT1 is then revealed to the squad as Amanda Waller, greatly angering most of the squad. Harley declares that she's not going back to prison, however Waller gets her and the rest of the squad to back down by threatening to activate the explosives in their necks.
Reuniting with the Joker
- "Puddin! You got all dressed up for me?"
"Oh, you know I'd do anything for you."
- ―Harley and Joker[src]
The Squad makes their way to the top of the John F. Ostrander Federal Building and wait for extraction. However, Rick Flag quickly deduces that the arriving helicopter is compromised. The Joker and Jonny Frost open fire on the rooftop, causing the squad to take cover. However, Harley's explosive is disarmed by Van Criss under Joker's orders. Harley removes her jacket and leaps off the rooftop, grabbing onto the rope that Joker has dropped down for her. As the helicopter rises, Harley playfully blows a kiss to the rest of the Squad, as well as playing dead when Deadshot misses a shot at her.
Harley climbs into the helicopter and embraces the Joker. However, their reunion is short lived as their helicopter is hit with a missile. As she and Joker both attempt to make their escape, a sudden explosion throws Harley out of the helicopter. Harley lands on the rooftop below and watches the helicopter, with Joker still in it, crash into a nearby building.
Harley makes her way down to street level. Heartbroken by the apparent death of the Joker, Harley removes and throws away her collar. Upon seeing the rest of Task Force X leave the John F. Ostrander Federal Building, she quickly brushes off her tears and resumes her usual behavior, telling the rest of the squad that she missed them. Captain Boomerang then returns the bat she had left behind and the squad moves on to once again retrieve Waller.
The Squad approaches the downed helicopter to find Waller has been taken. Now filled with despair on the realization that they must confront Enchantress and Incubus, the Squad, say for Deadshot, follow after. However, Deadshot soon stops Flag by throwing a Top Secret Binder at him before angrily demanding answers. After Flag explains their true situation, Harley follows after Deadshot into a nearby bar, giving a mocking bow to Flag in the process.
In the bar, Harley convinces Killer Croc to have a drink with the rest of the Squad. Harley then proceeds to pour drinks for the rest of the Squad. She joins the rest of the Squad in cheers after she makes her own drink, complete with an overabundance of drink umbrellas. Deadshot states his regret over their situation, causing El Diablo to lash out at him and eventually break down, revealing his tragic past. Angry at Diablo's guilt, Harley yells at him to own up to his mistakes and to accept that a normal life isn't possible for them, causing Boomerang to call her out on her vexing behavior. Harley then goes on to state that they're all ugly on the inside, just like her, except for Croc, who's also ugly on the outside. When Croc claims he is beautiful, Harley nods in agreement to him owning his physical attributes.
When Flag enters the bar, Harley coldly tells him they don't want him there. Flag then explains his relationship with June Moone before destroying his device controlling the nanites in the Squad's necks. Flag then shows Deadshot the letters his daughter had been sending him, prompting Deadshot to tell Flag that he's going to help him stop the Enchantress. Harley then cheerfully tells them that she'll come along, telling the others that they don't have anything else better to do. She then quickly teases the rest of the squad before leaving, goading them to jump into action.
Visions and facing Incubus
- "Trust me, homie, you don't want that!"
"What? I want that!"
- ―El Diablo and Harley Quinn[src]
The Squad makes their way to the subway station and begins to prepare for the coming battle. Flag explains their plan: to lure Incubus over a charge and destroy him. Harley, along with Flag, Deadshot, and Captain Boomerang have one last conversation before they head into the subway.
Harley and the Squad make their way into the subway. Harley quickly asks the others if they can see the effects of the Enchantress' machine, unsure whether or not her lack of medicine is causing her to hallucinate. However, she and the Squad are quickly detected by the Enchantress and told to come out of the hiding, which Harley quickly obeys, much to the dismay of Deadshot and Flag, who pull her back into hiding. The Enchantress goes on to explain that they aren't enemies, feeding them visions of "exactly" what they want. Harley is greeted with a vision of a "normal" life with the Joker, with a family and children.
However, El Diablo quickly breaks them out of their visions, despite Harley being more hesitant to leave her vision. The Enchantress then summons Incubus to deal with the Squad. Harley and the others quickly duck for cover to avoid his lethal attacks. However, once El Diablo is knocked aside, Harley, along with Boomerang and Deadshot, reenter the fight but are ultimately ineffective against Incubus. However, El Diablo re-emerges and manages to fight Incubus off. However, as El Diablo begins to lose his strength and shouts for the charge to be set off anyway, Harley can only let out a small "No" before the charge is set off by Edwards, killing both El Diablo and Incubus.
Battle against Enchantress
As the Squad approaches Enchantress, she unleashes the full power of her weapon, disorientating the Harley and the other Squad members. Enchantress then reverts to her feral form and attacks the Squad, during which, Harley is smacked aside. Enchantress disappears, much to the Squad's displeasure, to only reappear shortly after, wielding dual blades. The Squad continues to fight Enchantress, to where the witch nearly has Harley cornered, only for Harley to avoid the attack at the last moment. Harley eventually lands a hit on Enchantress' head, which seemed to only make the witch more irritated. Harley quickly apologizes and is seemingly knocked out of the fight by a hard blow from Enchantress.
Enchantress retreats from the fight once again, this time disarming Harley and the rest of the Squad. Enchantress once again offers them a chance to join her, this time due to impressing her in battle. Harley then tells the others that perhaps they should join. When Deadshot tries to remind her that Enchantress is trying to take over the world, Harley rebuts him by telling him that they don't owe the world anything.
As Harley approaches Enchantress, she asks if she can bring back the Joker. When Enchantress tells her she can, Harley tells her that the only problem is that Enchantress messed with her friends. Harley then grabs the Soultaker and cuts Enchantress' chest open, allowing her to rip out the witch's heart. The rest of the Squad quickly moves to disable Enchantress' weapon. Harley quickly tosses Deadshot her handgun, allowing him to shoot the charges and destroy the weapon.
"Let's go home."
- ―Harley and Joker[src]
Shortly after their victory, Harley watches as Rick Flag begs Enchantress to bring June Moone back before eventually crushing her heart, killing her. Fortunately, June survives this and reunites with Flag, something Harley is happy to see. As the rest of the Squad readies to re-enter the world, Harley herself is ready to hot wire a car, Amanda Waller appears and reactivates their explosives. Harley is at first appalled since Waller didn't thank them for saving the world. However, once Waller does thank them, Harley cheerfully tells her she's welcome. When Waller then allows them to make specialized requests, Harley asks for an espresso machine.
Back in Belle Reve, while Harley is enjoying her espresso machine, the wall outside her wall explodes, allowing The Joker's gang to break in and storm the prison. Harley's cell is forced open with a buzzsaw, allowing The Joker to enter and reveal himself to Harley he is still alive. Harley embraces her once lost love and Joker tells her that they're going home.
Harleen Frances Quinzel was once a highly intelligent, calm and compassionate young lady who worked at Arkham Asylum, before the Joker transformed her both mentally and physically into "Harley Quinn". Through the shock therapy and the Joker's manipulation, her mind and emotions were twisted to the point where she transformed into a person barely recognizable from the woman she once was, becoming a homicidal, sadistic, child-like, and somewhat psychopathic villain, who would use sexuality and her playful personality to achieve her goals or to entertain herself, usually harming others in the process. As of current time, she follows the Joker in whatever he demands of her, blindly smitten with the ruthless psychopath, affectionately referring to him as "puddin'".
Harley carries almost an innocent persona, wide-eyed and bright, finding humor in otherwise dark situations, much like Joker himself. After attacking Belle Reve guards and seriously injuring a couple before finally being restrained, she maniacally began giggling to herself in a sinister way, happy and pleased with how funny she found it, showing how fractured her psyche had become.
However, despite her psychopathy, Harley is still highly intelligent, even showing traces of her psychologist expertise, as Harley was able to make swift breakdowns of the psychological profiles of her teammates, knowing exactly what to say in order to get under their skin (proudly referring to herself as "vexing"), though Deadshot calls her out on this. Her intellect also extends itself to tactical skills, as Harley notably assisted the Joker in the murder of Robin, suggested to Deadshot and Captain Boomerang a feasible escape option from Suicide Squad, and even swiftly improvised a plan to weaken and take down the extremely powerful Enchantress, which proved successful.
Harley is also quite tough and pathologically fearless (another trait she shares with her boyfriend), fighting alongside Suicide Squad and having fun doing so. With the team, she is shown to get along well with them, once she got to know them a bit better, with Harley acting as a bar tender at a derelict bar. She even seemed horrified before El Diablo's death, imploring Rick Flag not to blow him up (while defeating Incubus).
She has a very dim view on a regular life, stating "normal is a setting on the washer" to El Diablo, who lost his family because of his powers; however, Harley does have the dream of having a family with the Joker, as Enchantress' implanted vision revealed.
Although often painted as a victim of psychological abuse, the Joker himself claims very little credit for Harley's condition. Indeed, according to the Clown Prince of Crime, Harley was always mad deep down (simply better at controlling her insanity then most), and that he himself had merely made all her madness rise to the surface. It should be noted, however, that Joker's insanity occasionally induces him to make conclusions that only make sense to him, hence this might not necessarily be the case.
- Expert combatant: Harley Quinn is a highly skilled and formidable armed and hand-to-hand combatant, managing to seriously injure 5 Belle Reve guards before finally being restrained in an extra-secure cell. She also quickly overpowered 2 far larger Eyes of the Adversary troops of Enchantress in rapid succession (with nothing but her agility, combat skills and baseball bat), and swiftly cuts open Enchantress' chest with a samurai katana, in a single swift motion. However, she was swiftly defeated by Batman (with the latter knocking her out with a single mighty punch) and by Enchantress in their final battle, primarily due to the mystical metahuman's superior strength, durability (as Enchantress was unfazed by a mighty baseball bat blow from Harley), and tendency to teleport around the battlefield every so often.
- Expert acrobat: Harley Quinn, as a former gymnast, is shown to be highly skilled in various acrobatics, including pole dancing and other agile maneuvers, often incorporating agile moves while fighting opponents, notably able to flip over one monstrous Eye of the Adversary when the managed to get a hold of her (thus twisting herself out of his grasp), and to easily dodge slashes from Enchantress's daggers.
- Expert markswoman: Harley Quinn, while not nearly on par with Deadshot, is nonetheless a highly skilled markswoman, landing several headshots on some of Enchantress' monstrous Eyes of the Adversary troops.
- Gifted intelligence: Harley Quinn, while still Harleen Quinzel, was (and likely still is) exceptionally smart, having been an excellent academic achiever in high school, which earned her a full scholarship to the prestigious Gotham State University, where she would go on to write a very successful graduate thesis. Harley's intellect extends itself to her psychological, tactical and deception skills.
- Expert psychologist: Harley Quinn, while still Harleen Quinzel, was a highly skilled psychologist, majoring in psychiatry at Gotham State University, with her psychology graduate thesis being a huge success, and allowing her the opportunity to work as a psychologist at the infamous Arkham Asylum itself. Even after being rendered psychopathic by the Joker, Harley shows at least traces of her psychologist expertise, being able to make swift breakdowns of the psychological profiles of El Diablo, Killer Croc, and Katana, knowing exactly what to say in order to get under their skin. Hence, she even proudly proclaims to Rick Flag that she is known to be "quite vexing."
- Expert tactician: Harley Quinn, while not quite on par in this regard with her boyfriend Joker, is nonetheless highly skilled with improvising criminal activities, managing to trap and murder Batman's protegé Robin (though she notably had the assistance of Joker in this), to suggest a feasible escape option to Deadshot and Captain Boomerang, and to swiftly improvise a plan to weaken and take down the fearsome and powerful Enchantress.
- Expert deceiver: Harley Quinn is a highly skilled deceiver, thus when Deadshot pretended to shoot at her, she convincingly pretended to have been killed only to reveal that she is still alive and later on, managing to trick Enchantress into thinking that she was about to swear allegiance to the latter, and to subsequently use that distraction to suddenly cut open Enchantress's chest with Katana's sword, exposing and pulling out the supervillain's vulnerable heart.
- Pathological indomitable will: Harley Quinn (much like the Joker) possesses an obliviousness to danger that makes her invulnerable to fear and intimidation, which are usually Batman's greatest weapons in combat. Unlike Joker, however, Harley does seem to fear death, as she was dismayed by the Jokermobile crashing into a river, due to her inability to swim.
- Harlequin costume: Harley originally wore a red and black diamond patterned costume after joining the Joker, completed by a cap with two white balls on the ends. She later ditched the costume in favor of more provocative clothing, instead opting to wear a red and blue bomber jacket with matching short shorts, fishnet stockings, and heeled boots.
- Nano-bomb Implant (formerly): Harley Quinn had a nano-bomb implanted in her neck while operating under Amanda Waller. As a result, if she attempted to flee during a mission, the implant would be triggered and explode, immediately killing her. However, the Joker later disabled the bomb, allowing Harley to escape later.
- Chiappa Rhino 60DS: Harley sports a customized Chiappa Rhino 60DS, 6 cylinder magnum revolver that she carries it in a black leather holster slung under her arm. Harley used it to take down many of Enchantress' monstrous Eyes of the Adversary goons, and briefly lent it to Deadshot, so that he could destroy the mystical superweapon. Each cylinder has Love or Hate engraved into them.
- Baseball Bat: Harley carries a personalized wooden baseball bat with "Good Night" written down the side of it that she used for close quarters combat, notably taking down numerous Eyes of the Adversary with it during her assignment in Midway City.
- Knife: Harley carried a knife that she tried to use to stab Batman, when he saved her from drowning within the submerged Jokermobile.
- Mallet: Harley carried a personalized wooden mallet which she used during her villainous escapades with her boyfriend the Joker. When the squad was given their old equipment, she almost brought the mallet to Midway City with her but chose to bring her baseball bat instead.
- Cellphone: Harley was given a purple cellphone from the Joker's phone by Captain Griggs, allowing them to communicate while she was under Amanda Waller's control.
- Harley implies that she may have schizophrenia, as she claims to hear voices; she also implies that she sees things that aren't really around as she mentions being "off her meds" upon seeing the Enchantress's magical superweapon.
- In promoting the film, this version of Harley Quinn was added to the mobile version of DC's video game Injustice: Gods Among Us. She, alongside the Joker, were added alongside Deadshot to the game, while members of Suicide Squad were also added as "gear cards".
- Harley claims to be unable to swim.
- According to her mug shot, she was caught by Batman on October 13, 2014.
- According to Zach Snyder, the death of Robin takes place 10 before the events of Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, which takes place in 2015, which places Jason's death in 2005. And in Suicide Squad, it is revealed that Harley was involved with Robin's murder, however Harley was born in 1990, which would have made her 15 at time of Robin's murder.
Behind the Scenes
- Originally Harley Quinn made her first debut in Batman: The Animated Series. Due to the popularity of her character, she was eventually adapted into the DC Comics universe.
- This is Harley's first appearance in a movie adaptation, while it is her third live-action appearance. She plays the role of the main antagonist in the TV series Birds of Prey, and her second brief appearance was in the TV series Arrow. However, her first planned live-action appearance was planned to be in the cancelled fifth Batman: The Motion Picture Anthology film, Batman Unchained.
- According to Andrew Kreisberg, Harley Quinn was planned to appear in more episodes of Arrow, but Willa Holland stated that the idea was dropped because of the introduction of Quinn in the DC Extended Universe. She appears in the Arrow episode, "Suicide Squad" and in a deleted scene of "Unthinkable".
- According to Margot Robbie, she received each of the suits that Harley Quinn has worn in all her appearances in DC Comics media during the production of the movie, such as the suit of Batman: The Animated Series, or the suit of the Batman: Arkham videogame franchise.
- David Ayer had Margot Robbie in mind for the role of Harley Quinn. However, Emma Roberts was offered the role by Warner Bros, but she turned it down. Olivia Thirlby, Imogen Poots, Alison Brie, Rooney Mara, Olivia Wilde, Emma Watson, Emily Browning, Zooey Deschanel, Lily Collins, Mary Elizabeth Winstead, Sara Paxton, Amanda Seyfried, and Evan Rachel Wood were also considered for the role of Harley Quinn.
|Task Force X|
|Members||Rick Flag (leader) | Captain Boomerang | Deadshot | Katana | Killer Croc|
|Former members||El Diablo | Enchantress | Slipknot | Harley Quinn|