- "We remember those who fell during the Last War. Beware Bertron's curse, for he is named Doomsday"
- ―Translated Kryptonian message
Doomsday was the product of a genetic experiment created by the Kryptonian scientist Bertron during the Last War, producing a deformity with unfathomable stores of power and capacity for destruction.
The Last War
- "It has been decreed by the Council of Krypton that none will ever again give life to a deformity so hateful to sight and memory."
- ―Kryptonian Service Android
During the events of the Last War, Kryptonian
created a monstrous creature during an experiment with Kryptonian genetic engineering technology
, whose creation would forever be deemed a curse to Kryptonian history.
Ever since Doomsday's initial creation, the Council of Krypton strictly forbade the creation of such a hateful deformity again. When advised of this protocol by a Kryptonian service android of Scout Ship 0344, Lex Luthor ignored its warning while creating his own deformity, decades after Krypton's destruction and the end of the Council's ruling, in order to kill the godlike Kryptonian refugee Superman.
Behind the Scenes
- Doomsday was referenced in the Man of Steel DVD extra content.
Goyer, David S., Nolan, Christopher (writers) & Snyder, Zack (director) (June 14, 2013). Man of Steel.
Goyer, David S., Terrio, Chris (writers) & Snyder, Zack (director) (March 25, 2016). Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice.