It is suggested that this article, or a section of this article, is in need of proper citations.
Slade Wilson is one of the world's deadliest assassins and a mercenary-for-hire, operating under the moniker Deathstroke. He is one of the greatest adversaries of the Batman, and an acquaintance of Lex Luthor.
Meeting with Lex Luthor
Deathstroke was invited to Lex Luthor's private yacht after the latter had broken out of Arkham Asylum. Lex was talking about Superman's return and the formation of the Justice League when Slade arrived, removing his mask, and warned Lex not to waste his time. However, Lex justified this by suggesting that they "even the playing field" by creating a league of their own.
To be added
As an assassin, Slade Wilson is cold, blunt, and irascible, being more than willing to leave Lex Luthor's yacht when he warned the latter not to waste his time, but seemed quite interested after hearing his proposition to start "a league of [their] own" in response to the Justice League's formation and resurrection of Superman.
Powers and Abilities
- Peak Human Condition: Slade Wilson, as a highly skilled mercenary and assassin, is in peak physical condition. While not superhuman, Deathstroke's extremely muscular and athletic physique make him immensely physically powerful by normal human standards.
- Master Martial Artist: Wilson is a tremendously skilled armed and hand-to-hand combatant.
- Master Swordsman: Wilson is an extremely formidable swordsman, with him actively employing a sword as part of his arsenal.
- Deathstroke Armor: When in the field, Deathstroke dons an armored orange-and-black bodysuit and helmet.
- Swords: Wilson actively employs the use of two swords as part of his arsenal.
- In DC Comics, Deathstroke is a reoccurring enemy of the Teen Titans, one one of the most formidable foes of Batman.
Behind the Scenes
- Joe Manganiello was uncredited for his appearance in Justice League.
- Before Joe Manganiello was casted as Deathstroke, Stephen Lang, Ron Perlman and Arnold Schwarzenegger were considered for the role of Deathstroke.
- Deathstroke was originally supposed to be heavily featured in the Ben Affleck-directed The Batman, but after Affleck left the director's chair to focus on his portrayal of Bruce Wayne/Batman and Matt Reeves took over the film, his role (if he still has one) is up in the air.
- Deathstroke in the DC Extended Universe is the fifth live-action incarnation of the character, following incarnations portrayed by Antonio Sabàto, Jr, Michael Hogan, Jeffery C. Robinson and Manu Bennett.
Behind the Scenes
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Deathstroke Will Be Main Villain in Ben Affleck’s Batman Movie (Exclusive) - The Wrap
- ↑ Terrio, Chris, Whedon, Joss (writers) & Snyder, Zack (director) (November 17, 2017). Justice League.