This article is a stub.
You can help the DC Extended Universe Wiki by expanding it.
It is suggested that this article, or a section of this article, is in need of proper citations.
Steve Trever recruits Chief to serve on his team as a smuggler on a mission to infiltrate the Western Front during World War I. He is a Native American demigod and, in a quick conversation with Diana, he explains that colonial Europeans ("Steve Trevor's people") have taken everything from his people, and so he has nothing left, which is why he's found himself in Western Europe in 1918.
Chief is kind-hearted, soulful, pensive, open-minded, and intelligent. When he meets the remainder of the Wonder Men as well as many soldiers on the front, they excitedly embrace him, indicating his friendly spirit. He is also seen graciously turning down money that Belgian villagers try to give him after they save the town.
As a Native American (of the Blackfoot tribe), Chief is bitter about his people losing their land to white Americans, and hence he resolved to stay neutral in World War I, profiting from both sides. However, seeing Wonder Woman's compassion and unbreakable spirit in action renews Chief's hope, boosting his morale and energizing him past the point of purely monetary interests, to the point that Chief finally takes active initiative against the Central Powers.
Chief is also exceptionally open-minded, evident in him forming a close friendship with Steve Trevor (despite his bitterness against white American colonialists), and genuinely believing Wonder Woman's story about the God of War Ares (despite Sameer, Steve Trevor, and especially Charlie all being skeptical).
- Demigod Physiology: Chief, due to his divine heritage and muscular build, is in top physical condition (though not seen to be on Wonder Woman's level).
- Gifted Intelligence: Chief is quite intelligent, which extends to his considerable smuggling, stealth, science, and lingual skills, making Chief a very valuable member of the Wonder Men.
- Expert Smuggler: Chief is a highly skilled smuggler, who made a living in World War I (before Wonder Woman finally inspires him to actively join the Allied forces) by remaining neutral and smuggling bands of Allied troops (also eventually the Wonder Men) past Western Front trenches, having an excellent knowledge of the region.
- Stealth: Chief, as a smuggler, is highly skilled in stealth and infiltration, having discreetly lead a number of Allied troops past Western Front trenches, and later discreetly getting a hold of a German automobile for Sameer and Steve Trevor.
- Skilled Scientist: Chief is well-versed in basic physics and chemistry, knowing that that the hydrogen-based mustard gas developed by Dr. Poison would be highly flammable.
- Multilingual: Chief, apart from his native Blackfoot, also fluently speaks English (though with a Native American accent). Diana Prince and Sameer, however, both seemingly surpass him in lingual proficiency.
To be added
To be added
To be added.
- Its possible the character may be a very loose reference to the character "Apache Chief" first seen in the DC Super Friends cartoon.
- Chief's Blackfoot dialogue with Diana is untranslated, though Chief introduces himself as Napi, a trickster demigod from Blackfoot folklore.