Barbara Jean Gordon is the daughter of GCPD Commissioner James Gordon, and, also the costumed vigilante Batgirl, acting as a sidekick and protégé of Batman, much like Nightwing and Robin once were.
To be added
Becoming the Batgirl
To be added
To be added
- Peak Human Condition: Batgirl, as a tremendously skilled acrobat and vigilante, is in peak physical condition (almost on Batman and Nightwing's level) and from frequent intense workouts (in the Batcave) and her numerous vigilante escapades, with her abilities being heightened to the peak of human potential.
- Peak Human Agility: Batgirl is superbly nimble and agile, having trained in acrobatics prior to her career as a vigilante, and later learning under Batman's tutelage to effectively utilize her agility in combat.
- Expert Combatant: Batgirl, as the daughter of Commissioner James Gordon, is well trained in hand-to-hand combat, and later armed combat under Batman's guidance, which made her extremely skilled in martial arts, enough to serve alongside Batman as his protegé vigilante.
- Human Vulnerabilities: Batgirl's greatest weakness is that she is a human with no enhanced strength, speed, durability, or metahuman powers, therefore making her quite vulnerable to the physical attacks of stronger and more powerful opponents. Batgirl, however, usually compensates for this quite well with her highly durable fire- and bulletproof suit, tremendous combat skills, exceptional agility, and highly sophisticated technological gadgets.
- Batarangs: Barbara, under the tutelage of Batman, was instructed to uilize Batman's extremely sharp and non-lethal throwing gadgets, carrying out various different tasks, from incapacitating criminals to breaking through windows.
- Utility Belt: As Batgirl, Barbara utilized a specially designed belt, with its many pouches filled with an arsenal of numerous gadget and tools at all times, to aid her in her mission.
- Grapple Gun: As Batgirl, Barbara used a line launching, multi-purpose, highly versatile, and handgun-like device that fires a retractable, detachable line with a mechanized, magnetic, or clawed end, which Batgirl utilized to traverse Gotham City.
- In the DC Comics universe, Barbara Gordon becomes the genius hacker and polyglot Oracle after an injury paralyzes her from the waist down, with her effectively serving as the Bat Family's mediator while patrolling Gotham.
- She's also served as mediator for members of the Justice League at times.
- Batgirl at the DC Database
- Batgirl at the Batman The Animated Series
- Batgirl at the Batman Wiki
- Batgirl at the DC Movies Wiki
- Batgirl at the Batman Anthology Wiki
- Batgirl at the DC Animated Universe
- Batgirl at the Arkham Wiki