It is suggested that this article, or a section of this article, could benefit by being expanded upon.
It is suggested that this article, or a section of this article, is in need of proper citations.
The Atlanteans are an underwater species of humanoids that inhabit the kingdom of Atlantis.
The Atlanteans bear an identical outward physical form and appearance to that of humans. However, they are different from normal humans due to being partly amphibious.
Roughly 30 millennia before the Black Zero Event, the Atlanteans joined with the Amazons and Humanity in fighting off an invasion of Earth by Steppenwolf and his massive Parademon army. Before being forced to depart, Steppenwolf left behind three Mother Boxes, and each of the three factions of the army that helped save Earth would them each keep one for safekeeping.
The Atlantean body structure is almost identical to that of Humans. They are adapted to survive in an underwater environment with a pressure much stronger than Earth's gravity.
- Super Strength: Atlanteans, due to the nature of their environment, have adapted to possess extraordinary superhuman strength.
- Super Durability: Atlanteans are incredibly durable, as they is able to withstand immense underwater pressures.
- Super Speed: While underwater, Atlanteans can swim at supersonic speeds.
- Super Senses: Atlanteans possess enhanced senses that allow them to navigate the underwater.
- Underwater Breathing: Atlanteans can naturally breathe underwater.
- Marine Communication: Some Atlanteans, such as Orin, are able to communicate with sea life.
- Dehydration: Atlanteans' greatest weakness is the spending of an extended period of time away from water, since that will considerably weaken their superhuman powers.
- Beings of Greater Power: Atlanteans can be harmed and killed by another one of their kind, or another being with similar or greater strength, due to the extreme force generated by such an opponent being enough to break through their invulnerability.
- ↑ Snyder, Zack, Terrio, Chris (writers) & Snyder, Zack (director) (November 17, 2017). Justice League.