Athena was the Olympian Goddess of Crafts, Wisdom, and Battle Strategy, as well as a daughter of Zeus, worshiped by the Ancient Greeks and Romans (though the latter civilization would give her the name Minerva). She would ultimately, however, be slain by her half-brother Ares in the War of the Gods, while attempting to help protect humanity from him.
Athena despised her half-brother Ares for his extremist views and hatred of humanity, and therefore helped Zeus protect humanity from the God of War. Ares, however, violently rebelled, starting the War of the Gods on Olympus, which resulted in him facing and ultimately slaying Athena in battle, along with all other Olympian Gods.
Athena, as the Goddess of Wisdom, is known to have been extremely intelligent and divinely wise, though despite that, Ares would claim that like the other Olympian Gods, she didn't share his insight into humanity's darker traits, and Athena therefore attempted to protect them from Ares during the War of the Gods.
Powers and AbilitiesEdit
- Olympian God Physiology: As an Olympian Goddess, and a daughter of Zeus himself, Athena is a phenomenally powerful divine being, though not on par with her father Zeus, uncles Poseidon and Hades, or half-brother Ares.
- Immortality: Athena, due to her being an Olympian Goddess, has lived for millennia without visibly aging, with her far predating the creation of humanity and the Amazons by her father Zeus.
- Super Strength: Athena has an immense level of physical strength.
- Invulnerability: Athena, as an Olympian Goddess, is immune to death by normal superficial means. However, she can be slain by other gods, given as how Ares was able to kill her in the War of the Gods.
- Omnilingualism: Athena, as an Olympian Goddess, has the ability to fluently speak, read, and understand all human languages, even currently dead ones.
- Genius-level Intellect: Athena, as the Goddess of Wisdom, is extremely intelligent and divinely wise, though according to Ares, Athena didn't share his excellent insight into humanity's darker traits. Athena's genius mainly extends itself to her superb tactical and crafts skills.
- Master Combatant: Athena, as the Goddess of Battles, is an extremely skilled and formidable combatant (particularly at wielding her Sword of Athena in battle), though seemingly not quite on par with Ares, as the latter was able to defeat and slay her in the War of the Gods.
- Sword of Athena (Formerly): Athena's mighty sword, one of the few weapons that can actually injure an otherwise invulnerable Kryptonian. Millennia following the War of the Gods, the sword would somehow eventually be obtained and wielded by the Amazon Wonder Woman, replacing her broken Godkiller sword.