The Amazons are an all-female society of superhumanly strong beings that inhabit the island of Themyscira.
The Amazons bear an identical outward physical form and appearance to that of human females (as Zeus created them in the image of Olympian Goddesses). However, they are otherwise quite different from normal women, due to their superior physical attributes, as well as their superior skills (to most humans) in armed and hand-to-hand combat. Whilst living in their homeland of Themyscira, Amazons are incapable of growing old or being affected by diseases, but can still be slain or killed via gunshots or extremely sharp piercing weapons.
Roughly 30 millennia BCE (25 millennia before the War of the Gods), the Amazons joined with the Atlanteans and humanity in fighting off an Apokoliptan invasion of Earth by Steppenwolf and his massive Parademon army. Before being forced to depart, Steppenwolf left behind three Mother Boxes, and each of the three factions of the army that helped save Earth would be given one of them.
Slavery under HumanityEdit
To be added
In approximately 2980s BCE, mere months after the War of the Gods, Diana was born as the demigoddess daughter of Olympian God King Zeus and the Queen of the Amazons, Hippolyta. Diana would be trained in combat tactics by Menalippe, becoming remarkably skilled in her own right.
- Hippolyta - Queen of the Amazons
- Diana (Amazon-Olympian God hybrid) - Princess of the Amazons
- Antiope † - General of the Amazon army
- Acantha - Amazon Senator
- Menalippe - Amazon Lieutenant
- Interestingly, Faora is referred to as an "alien Amazon" in the Man of Steel: The Official Movie Novelization.
- Amazons at the DC Universe Online
- Amazons at the DC Animated Universe
- Amazons at the DC Database
- Amazons at the Wonder Woman Wiki