ARGUS (Advanced Research Group Uniting Super-Humans) is a United States government organization tasked with handling major threats, directed by Amanda Waller. ARGUS is known to collaborate with the CIA and the FBI in some instances.
Meeting Lex LuthorEdit
ARGUS Director Amanda Waller is known to have at one point encountered supergenius businessman Lex Luthor, allowing him to familiarized himself with her organization, as Lex subtly reveals while conversing with Ron Troupe.
Approving Task Force XEdit
After the death of Superman, amidst the emergence of metahumans, Amanda Waller, the director of ARGUS noted that while Superman was a benevolent and powerful ally of the United States of America, other powerful beings may become hostile and leave humans helpless to defend themselves. To counter this possibility, Waller advocates for the formation of Task Force X, a black-ops team with expendable criminals with exceptional skills, abilities, and powers to combat superhuman threats. Her roster included the formidable marksman Deadshot, the rope assassin Slipknot, Australian bank robber Captain Boomerang, the psychopath Harley Quinn, the monstrous crocodilian metahuman Killer Croc, the pyrokinetic metahuman El Diablo, and the mystical witch Enchantress, all of whom would be led in the field by Colonel Rick Flag and his formidable samurai bodyguard Katana.
On behalf on ARGUS, she gathered support for Task Force X with Dexter Tolliver and joined a conference with the Chairman of the Joint Chief of Staff Edwards to present her initiative. While initially skeptical of Waller's plan, she commanded Enchantress to teleport to Iran and steal nuclear arsenal papers to deliver to Edwards. Impressed with her results, he authorized funding and support for Task Force X.
- Amanda Waller - Director
Former Employees Edit
- Van Criss † - scientist
- Belle Reve Federal Penitentiary - A federal supermax prison in Louisiana for incarcerated criminals and metahumans, where Waller composed most of the members of Task Force X.
- John F. Ostrander Federal Building - A federal government building in Midway City that served as one of ARGUS' field office and has a command center where Waller would observe field teams. The command center was later vacated and files regarding Task Force X would be deleted.
Behind the ScenesEdit
- In the DC Comics, "ARGUS" stands for "Advanced Research Group Uniting Super-Humans".
- ARGUS was also mentioned in Lexical Analysis.
- The motto for ARGUS is "Noster quaerere incipere", which is Latin for "Our search begins".
|Companies:||Ace Chemicals | Blaze Comics | Daily Planet | Geschäft-Krieg | Kord Industries | LexCorp | Merrevale Oil | Queen Industries | Sheridan Dynamics | Smallville Sentinel | STAGG | Van Criss Laboratories | Wayne Enterprises | WGBS News | S.T.A.R. Labs|
|Agencies:||ARGUS | CIA | DARPA | FBI ||